BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Baby's Cookin'

baby growth

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

God Is Bigger Than The Boogie Man


So today was
definitely one of those emotional roller coaster days. First, let's talk symptoms, wonderful, glamorous, joyous pregnant woman symptoms!  A sip or a 2 liter, it just doesn't matter. I have to pee all the time! Dizziness,headaches, and cramps are all part of the territory but PRAISE GOD no morninsickness. Woohoo!

This last weekend I kinda hit a breaking point. I've been trying to ignore my cramps assuming my body is going through a bunch of changes why not would I have excruciating cramps? But Friday night in my head I knew something just wasn't right. They were so painful they woke me up and I just cried and hollered, absolutely excruciating. I told my husband, "this can't be normal." I wasn't panicking because cramping was just one symptom of miscarrying that I had read about and I didn't have any of the others but my husband insisted on going to the doctor. So I made the call and the doctor told me she wanted to see me. After talking to the doctor and describing my pain she mentioned what I had been fearing, Etopic Pregnancy. Simply put its when the baby attaches in the fallopian tubes or somewhere where it can't grow and your forced to miscarry. Once I heard it come out of the doctors mouth I desperately tried not to think about it. 
Earlier on the way to my appointment at the hospital I was driving and talking to God and just telling Him (and honestly reassuring myself) "I trust You. " The response? "Have I ever let you down?"
In the lab waiting to give a UA I focused on His faithfulness. While I waited to check in to the Ultrasound area I reminded myself of how He really had never let me down.  As I laid on the bed and she scanned my stomach and took pictures (not saying anything at first) I kept repeating in my head "I trust You."

There he/she was. Matt has deemed him our "little peanut." The baby was right where it was supposed to be, heart beating and all. :-)
When we left the office I fought back tears.(I have the right to be emotional)

 I was so happy that I didn't need to fear and my baby was ok. Matt hugged me and said, "God is bigger then the boogie man." How deeply theological.

Psalm 56:3 "Whenever I am afraid, I will trust in You."

  

0 comments: