BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Baby's Cookin'

baby growth

Thursday, August 6, 2009

I'M WHAT !?!?!?!?!

Just a normal thursday. Kiss my handsome husband as we both head off to work, him to the lab at the doctor's office and me to my cube jungle.
I had scheduled a doctors appointment like 4 weeks ago (this was a doctor who is hard to get into) for nothing serious but I had been having some reaccuring problems for months that my other doctor just wasn't fixin'. Nothing wrong with a second opinion right? I see my computer clock slowly click on to about 10:10 and I head off for my 10:30 appointment.
I was feeling a little stressed that morning. I was super behind in cube rat work and I didn't spend time with Jesus that morning. I was hoping my wait wouldn't be super long knowing this doctor was Mrs. Popularity.
"Audrey"
Sweet that didn't take long! Hop on the scale and I'm hanging out at about 140. Hmmmm, I was hoping for a little less. I just recently lost about 20lbs. After I got married I stuffed my face and put on about an additional 15 so I was at least back to wedding weight. I give the nurse the low-down about my problems and she asks about my 'Aunt Flow.' "Well, I'm about 4 or 5 days late but I'm having some serial cramps so I should be starting soon." So whats the next logical step? She ushers me to the bathroom to pee in a cup. YYYEEESSS!

As I'm waiting for the doctor sitting on the crunchy paper I was wishing I had taken some midol for my cramps. Seriously, why do we women have it so hard? (for any guys reading this I sincerily apologize, but these are the facts of life.)
I hear the nurse and doctor whispering about me just outside the door. That always annoys me. Don't they know I can pick out my name? It's never loud enough to hear what they are saying but just enough to make a sister paranoid. So anyway, doctor waltzes in and I complement her hair. It never hurts to butter-up the one with cold hands. I immediately start apologizing all over myself. "I'm so sorry for taking up your time, I know your a busy woman. I've just had some reaccuring stuff for months now and thought yoiu would say something different then my other doctor..." She patiently listens and asks me questions. She gives me some good answers that may help. Little did I know the next ten seconds was going to change my life forever.

"Ya know your pregnant?"
What did she just say? "What?"
"Your pregnant"
What.. "What?"
"Your urine test is positive, your pregnant."
"You've got to be kidding me? I'm pregnant? I'm pregnant!"
AND SCENE: FADE TO BLACK.

(Seriously, I fadded to black.)

The next thing I know my eyes are filling up with tears. Is it true? Am I crazy? Did she just say I'm 5 weeks? I thought I was just late. Doctor Surprise begins to show me paper work about proper eating and medicines to take and not to.. yadda yadda. I'm desperately trying to focus but I feel light headed. As she is talking all I can keep saying is;
"He's going to flip!" "I had no idea, I can't believe I'm pregnant!". Well we finish up and I am to say the least in a daze. In a short couple minutes I went from being a guitar rockin' newly married 24 year old who was still learning to cook to a MOM-to-be with visions of nurseries and mini-vans all dancing in her head. As I'm walking out of the office the doctor shouts out to the waiting room. "Audrey, I forgot to tell you! APRIL 2nd!"
So April 2nd...April 2nd.
The two of us become three. SO begins the journey. :-)


1 comments:

Mesha said...

...i am SOOOO behind in reading this!!! but I almost got emotional doing so. Audrey, I am so incredibly proud of the way you and your husband walked out your relationship BEFORE and AFTER the alter. You've seriously been an example not just to me - but others on how it IS possible to resist temptations and submit to God's authority and strength in our lives. I KNOW it was not easy for you at times - seeing the growing love the two of you had for each other, but that same love is what whispered "WAIT!" The love for GOD was greater than the desires of the flesh!

Now just as you said in u'r letter to Matt, God is saying, "Can I trust you with more?"

I absolutely believe that you and Matt will be wonderful parents who train your children in the ways of the Lord. Who love, respect and honor one another and provide for your families needs - not just physically, but spiritually too! Keep pressing into Jesus Audrey...Keep submitting to God's will...keep trusting He has the ultimate plan over your life and seeking to walk in it! ALWAYS seek first HIS kindgom and HIS righteousness...I absolutely have faith that He'll keep adding to you...

I LOVE YOU AUDREY "MOMMA ROSE" SNIFF!!!